Saturday, May 21, 2011

May 21st 2001

The "Rapture" that was prophesied to happen today, didn't happen!!  Oh well, the world is supposed to come to end in Dec 2012, so there is still time.  (Can you hear the tongue in cheek tone of my voice?!)

The Wilmington Walk MS came and went on April 30th and it was a great success.  As an individual, with help of family and friends, I raised over $1,400.00  MS Moments, the 10 member group made up of some of us in the local support group, raised over $8,000.00  We did much better than some of the much larger groups.  The Wilmington Walk MS exceeded the goal of $75,000.00  Success all around.  The weather was wonderful for us and instead of actually walking I got to spend the day, with Kent helping me, to be a behind the scenes worker.  It was a wonderful day.

The last two weeks at work have been insane.  The HP printer died and needed a new fuser.  The day the new fuser arrived and I installed it, the Dell printer died!!  Took a couple days for the tech to come with the parts and he spent about 3 hours working on it, only to find the part we really needed hadn't been sent.  We are still without the Dell printer, waiting for more parts and the return of the tech.

In case that wasn't stressing me enough, My computer decided to do a complete crash!!  Can you tell we had a May Fri 13th followed 4 days later by a full moon?    As a result of the computer crash I had to move to another desk and another computer.  Decided I liked sitting at the different desk better and so moved all my work area "stuff" to the new area.  Good news is that IT at the main office was able to retrieve all from my hard drive and remotely install on the new computer.  I am back in business.  Now we just wait for my old hard drive to be repaired and returned so I can install it on the general use desk.  I actually took diazapam a couple of nights through all this to help the body deal with the stress and not end up dealing with an MS exacerbation as well.

My cats have been wonderful stress relievers too.  Coming home for lunch and spending that time outside with them is very soothing.  Hoping the weather doesn't get just too hot for me to be outside at noon time for a while yet.  Also de-stress with them when I first get home from work in the evening.

Today I finally got my MS license plate in the mail.  It has been a long and frustrating wait.  5 minutes after getting the plate it was on the back of my vehicle.  I appreciate all the hard work Abby did to make this happen and I am happy and almost what you would call proud to now have it on my vehicle at last.

No comments:

Post a Comment