Wednesday, February 23, 2011

23rd February 2011

Now that I have had a week to calm myself and think about it, I am now ready to say something about the WalkMS kick-off rally held downtown last Thursday night.  The meeting itself was fine but the location was NOT good from my point of view.  Before even going, I was not happy with it being held at a bar, but I decided to grin and bare it for the sake of the walk.  But to have it downtown at the bottom of Market Street at night - not good.  After leaving the meeting and walking the 1/2 block to my car, I was approached by 2 different males in their early 20s.  Why was the meeting downtown at night when problems with 20 somethings hanging out on the streets are well known?  If there should be anymore evening meetings downtown I will most definitely not be attending.

I sent a message to Abby earlier today and word is that people are beginning to get their licence plates.  I should be getting mine any day now.  I will post it when I get it.

I have been going crazy with my bead work lately and I restrung my MS bracelet(s) the other night.  While at it, I decided to make a pair of matching earrings and an orange beaded watchband to wear during MS week next month and at the WalkMS.

I have reached the $500 mark for the Walk MS but still working on reaching the $1,000 mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment