On my work email I had changed my 'signature' to include under my name and information, the Walk MS logo and the words "I have MS and am walking April 30th"
I had hoped that it would maybe encourage a few donations to the walk of $10-$20. Little did I know! A client in Portsmouth, VA - Full Throttle Maine - donated $465 on Friday. Debbie donated the amount that would have me reach my goal of $1,000.00 As a small business and in the current economy, I know what a big sacrifice this is.
I called Debbie as soon as I saw the donation and both of us cried on the phone. What an awesome way to end my work week. I got a huge donation from people I have never met but only spoken to on the phone and exchanged work related emails with. There are still people out there with big hearts.
Now I have pushed my fundraising goal to $1,500.00 as I encourage others to support the walk. I am excited thinking I can do this. Thanks to all my family and friends that are helping to make this all happen.
On another note - Saturday, Kent and I spent the majority of the day out and about shopping. Did we buy anything exciting? Nope. We just were out buying things to replenish household supplies that we had allowed to get too low. We headed out about 10am and it was 3pm when we got home. Then it was time to unload and put away all that we had gotten. I was so glad I was having a good day as I managed to do it all without falling apart. Just tired after getting it all done. Maybe that is why on Sunday I fell asleep on the sofa at 5pm and woke up at 9pm just in time to get up, undress and crawl into bed!!

No comments:
Post a Comment