This past week was definitely an interesting one. I've been having a hard time sleeping but making it through.
Tuesday was the monthly RS Mtg and we had a great time. We had a dinner, program and we learned to do glass etching. I thoroughly enjoyed myself.
Thursday the MS Chapter had a meeting at the Riverside Hilton. As my husband and I walked in the front door I tripped on their doormat. Hard and heavy on their marble lobby floor. It was difficult to get through the program as the muscles began to tighten in protest. Lovely deep blue bruise below my left knee and on left shoulder. Yuck. Even broke several fingernails! The up-side of it all was that there was a Marine ball going on at the hotel and I literally fell at the feet of two marines. I had two young good looking marines in their dress blues pick me up and put me back on my feet.
The meeting itself I had been looking forward to. The first speaker was good but too general for what I was looking for. The second speaker was sorely lacking to my way of thinking. She couldn't use the PowerPoint, she mumbled when she spoke and made it even worse by screeching the mic all the time. I am sure she had some good stuff to say but I found her painful.
Friday was hard to be at work as my body was protesting the fall with being still and sore. But I got pampered for 90 minutes getting my nails done and hand massage! When I got home I fell asleep on the sofa and at some point woke enough to get to bed and sleep again.. It was 14 hours of sleep - awesome.
No comments:
Post a Comment