Yesterday I worked until 7pm so was NOT interested in writing any notes on my blog. I got on fb and played Frontierville for a bit and then to bed to read until falling asleep.
I realize as writing the above sentence that there are two things I need to make note of for all to see.
1 - the most important - without a husband who has taken over 99% of the household duties I could not still work full time. I am blessed to have a husband who understands the fatigue issues and lack of strength along with all the other silent and non-visible problems. He does the laundry, the dusting and running of the vacuum, cleaning floors and all manner of other things that need to be done and never complains. He understands and encourages me in being involved outside the house with things to challenge me mentally and give me contact with others, even if it means the household falls onto his shoulders.
2 - going to bed to read until I fall asleep - I love to take a book to bed and lie reading until I literally fall asleep. There were a couple of problems that arose with doing that. I would fall asleep with the light on and holding the fat books I love to read were causing problems with the lack of strength I have in my left hand. I thought about getting a Kindle and seriously considered it. What I did do was get an iPhone (a 3GS, when the 4 came out - so I got the offered rebate). I already used a smart phone (blackberry) to fill in all the shortages my brain now has but the iPhone offers me even more such as a free app by Dragon dictation so I can dictate an email or text message and not have to type it and the all time favourite app - the ebook app allowing me to put books on my phone. I no longer struggle with the weight of the book in my left hand and there's no light to have to turn off at night. I fall asleep and the phone turns off after a few minutes. I love it!!
Today at work I had a moment of wanting to scream at a co-worker. Come 4pm, they began to moan and groan about not feeling well and that they wanted to go home. This happens often, but after 4 days of extreme stress at work and having to work over two nights, I was not in the mood. I so wanted to yell at them and ask if they knew that I have muscle spasms everyday. Did they know I had pain everyday. The level of pain varies but it is still there each and everyday. I wanted to tell them "But you look good so you must feel good"!
Oh well I have vented on that now so feel better about it now. Onto another day tomorrow and a chance to make it a better one.
No comments:
Post a Comment