I was up today and at the voting poll at 6:35am. There were enough people that I had to wait 30 minutes to cast my vote!
I then drove to work and read in the car until someone came to open the building. It was another day of high stress. They have installed a new phone system at work and when people at the other branches don't answer the phone it rolls over to my phone. The last two days have been STRESS trying to keep up with the phone calls, emails, faxes and walk-ins. And why does no one want something simple that doesn't require looking up specs and part numbers?!
I find that stress causes the fatigue level to go through the roof and by early afternoon I was struggling to stay focused. During one phone call I actually found myself fighting with all my strength to not just crash into sleep. I'm not even sure I didn't doze for a second. Oh how I could have gone to sleep right at my desk!
I had hoped to make a couple of apple pies tonight but as I am not only tired but worked until 6:30pm, I will read some and then to bed. No baking, no playing FrontierVille on Facebook and definitely no staying up to watch Dancing with the Stars, I am hoping beyond hope that this is not the exhaustion that has you so tired you can't sleep!
No comments:
Post a Comment